Thursday 10 June 2010

Preparation and Wasting Research Time

I apologise, I am trying to keep the historic military metaphors to a bare minimum... I also apologise for the incessant HIMYM fanboy-ness that really comes through. I've recently started watching it from Season One and I'm addicted.



So, part of me wants to take an airfreight container full of suits, yet I lack the financial resources to do this, and also the number of suits needed to pull it off. Also after yesterday's shocking revelation regarding 'Smart Casual' in America... well I decided to show some random quick google Smart Casual stereotypes...


Bonny Prince Charlie in classic British Smart Casual.


German smart casual wear - as you can see its basically 'tea cosy wear', with a notable lack of hair...



Australian smart casual - I just find this terribly troubling.

Anyway...

That has resolved yesterday's argument, it seems 'smart casual' changes so radically according to which culture wears clothes, how and in what context that... well I guess I'll just play it by ear and take a suitable selection of clothing.

On a side note, I'm flying BA and we were warned about getting too sloshed on planes, due to (amazingly enough) US Homeland Security types don't like armchaired Brits staggering into Dallas off a flight. They tend to give you a pat on the back, make your life difficult and send you home.

Thanks to the 21kg weight limit, I've decided to put some speakers in my suit case and the usual assortment of clothes.

Taking speakers to various colourful international trips has always proved a winner in the past, I mean in Russia 2008 we rocked out to Bon Jovi smashed on local vodka in our own hotel room party. It sounds lame, but rocking out to Britney Spears in a Soviet helmet and... I guess you had to be there, but it was amazing... [Refer back to first post for June regarding drunkenness and great nights out.]

Anyway, after this somewhat pointless post, of excellent procrastination value (one could argue - if some horrible Anime nutter - that it had a production value of over 9000...)

No comments:

Post a Comment